Last updated 10th September 2021.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We may retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. We will cease to retain your personal data or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
The information we may collect on the Site includes:
Personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, and telephone number that you voluntarily give to us when you fill out a contact form or register for a course. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Site.
Information our servers automatically collect when you access the Site, such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Site.
Mobile Device Data
Device information, such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer, and information about the location of your device, if you access the Site from a mobile device.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect, retain and process your Personal Data (including Sensitive Personal Data) for several purposes including the following:-
- to respond to your queries including queries relating to The Citymaker;
- to provide technical support to you, where required, and to ensure the security of the Site;
- to monitor and improve The Citymaker’s services;
- for direct marketing services;
- to update and provide information on promotions and upcoming events or functions or product launches to you;
- to conduct research, surveys and statistical analysis;
- to send emails on updates or on any event that may be of interest to you;
- for the performance of a contract to which you are a party;
- for compliance with any legal obligation to which The Citymaker is subject.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
The Citymaker has the sole and absolute discretion in sharing any Personal Data with the following third parties for certain limited purposes as it deems necessary, as follows:-
- The Citymaker’s partners, trusted affiliates, promoters, event organizers, researches, and advertisers as part of the efforts to conduct statistical analysis of current or future global trends as well for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes of future products, and/or events;
- third party service providers which helps operate The Citymaker and its website; as well as all other social media websites operated for and on behalf of The Citymaker and/or administer activities on The Citymaker ’s behalf, such as to send out newsletters and/or emails, to conduct text messaging blasting and/or surveys; and
- The Citymaker ’s legal representatives, accountants, auditors, consultants, promoters, event organizers and such other service providers in the conduct and administration of its affairs.
We hold our employees, agents, and suppliers accountable for maintaining the trust that you place in us with your personal data. Your personal data will not be used or shared except as in accordance with applicable law relating to personal data.
Your personal data may be shared with third party service providers as set out above.
Cookies and Web Beacons
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
POLICY FOR CHILDREN
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 13. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 13, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Bangunan UOB by The Citymaker,
Level 1, No 21-35,
UAB Building, Gat Lebuh China,
10300 George Town, Pulau Pinang.